Synergeia is so proud that six of our nominees to the 2017 Southeast Asia Youth Leadership Program (SEAYLP) at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois, USA from April 5 to 30, 2017 have been selected to participate in the program.
SEAYLP convenes high school students and adult mentors from the ten ASEAN member nations for a three-week U.S.-based exchange program focused on leadership and youth development. The program explores shared challenges faced by the United States and ASEAN member states as viewed through the three pillars of the ASEAN community: political and security cooperation, economic cooperation, and socio-cultural cooperation and inclusion. Participants will develop concrete skills in project development, communication, and leadership while engaging in hands-on activities, workshops, seminars, and site visits. Participants will also develop projects to address the needs of their communities upon their return home.
Our successful nominees are:
- Hassanal, Abusama, Bulod National High School, Sultan Sabaronguis (Mentor)
- Algan, Lyka, Dr. Bernabe Dela Fuente Sr. National High School, Sultan Sabaronguis
- Pangandil, MUrahisa, Datu Mamalo National High School
- Villegas, Joshua, Making Integrated Vocational Technology High School, Parang
- Estanque , Justine Dave, Amir Bara Lidasan National High School
- Norjamen Guia, ARMM Regional Science High School, Parang
The U.S. Department of State will cover all program participation costs, round trip domestic and international travel, board and lodging, and health insurance.