The thought of going to the remotest barangays in the country to work with communities can be very exciting – and it is, most especially for us. But as you walk down very rough roads, cross rivers, brave rough weather – not to mention the real possibility of stumbling on armed rebels along the way, our work suddenly becomes very difficult, exhausting and, at times, even frustrating.
That’s why we surround ourselves with people who, like us, are very passionate about making our schools better places to learn for children. And through time, this group has bonded into one big family looking out after each other and laughing over jokes as we go.
Our mother hen is Dr. Milwida M. Guevara. On week days (and even most weekends), she is Synergeia’s Chief Executive Officer. A former Undersecretary of the Department of Finance, “Ms. G” (as we fondly call her) guides the flock and makes sure everyone is well fed.
Other members of the Synergeia family are:
- John Aloysius Bernas, Treasurer;
- Minie D. Manalese, Administrative and Finance Officer;
- Anjanette T. Juan, Senior Program Officer;
- Annie de Leon, Operations Officer;
- Joyce Gracia, M and E Officer
- Maria Nelia G. Laureano, Associate Research Officer;
- Lennie Gopez Nocum, Accounting Officer
Our Program Officers are:
- Edwin Nacionales for Iloilo and Capiz
- Doc Ernesto Malvas for Bohol and Samar
- Dindo Guevara for Maguindanao and Lanao Sur
- Kap Eduardo Tiongson for Northern Luzon
- Khong Tawasil for Sulu and Tawi Tawi
Also part of the Synergeia family is a very young Project Staff that include:
- Mich Sanchez, Finance Specialist and Program Assistant
- Marivic Calubia, Program Assistant
- Alan Abbang, Finance Specialist
Our program operations in ARMM are supported by:
- Calimato Bantuas, Marawi City
- Amaluden Aguam, Lanao del Sur
- Edwina Tobias, Lanao del Sur
- Bruce Usop, Maguindanao
- Salve Kalon, Maguindanao
- Fernandez Samar, Jr., Maguindanao
- Alhajar Abdulgafor, Sulu
- Alzen Serabani, Sulu
And we will be helpless without our administrative staff:
- Ma. Cristina Lleva
- Eduardo Cortez, Jr.
- Bernardo Labayani
Check out these photos and videos of Synergeia at work to appreciate more what we’re doing.
If you’re interested in giving the gift of your time to public schoolchildren across the country, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.